Physicians Talent Showcase
08/19/2014 to 08/19/2014
Location: The Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace in West PaQuoted From TC Palm:
The Kretzer Piano Music Foundation, sponsor of last fall's hugely successful "Keys to the Cities" campaign (painted pianos), has announced the Talent Roster for the 3rd annual PHYSICIANS TALENT SHOWCASE.
This event will be conducted at The Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace in West Palm Beach on Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Among the talented doctors expected to perform are:
• Dr. John Fernandez is from Stuart, who is affiliated with Emergency Medicine at Sebastian River Medical Center. A rock singer and guitarist, Dr. Fernandez also performed in PTS in 2012 and 2013.
• Dr. Kenneth Fuquay is from West Palm Beach, who is affiliated with the Pulmonology Departments at both the Jupiter Medical Center and the Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. Another three-time PTS performer, Dr. Fuquay plays the classical guitar.
• Dr. Xavier Garcia is a Veterinarian associated with the El Cid Animal Clinic in West Palm Beach. The opera-singing Dr. Garcia was an audience favorite at the two previous PTS.
• Dr. Peggy Hunter is a resident of Boca Raton associated with both PBC Dermatology and the JFK Medical Center. A PTS first timer, Dr. Hunter is a classical pianist.
• Dr. Gordon Johnson is a retired Pathologist and former Chief of Staff of Wellington Regional Medical Center where he presently is serving on the Board. Dr. Johnson is a vocalist who will also serve as PTS emcee.
• Dr. Andrew Moffitt is an Internist affiliated with both the Jupiter Medical Center and Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. Dr. Moffitt is a singing guitarist, who also performed in the first PTS in 2012.
• Dr. Lourdes Nieves is a Pediatrician with Foundcare, and she dances the Flamenco.
• Dr. Thomas Rowe is in General Surgery at Jupiter Medical Center. Another three-time PTS performer, Dr. Rowe plays the bass guitar.
• Dr. Robin Shecter of Wellington is affiliated with both the Dermatology Center of Palm Beach and the Wellington Regional Medical Center. Dr. Shecter is a vocalist who sang in the two previous PTS.
• Dr. Robin Sykes is a Plastic Surgeon at both Jupiter Plastic Surgery and the Jupiter Medical Center. A talented flautist, Dr. Sykes also performed at last year's PTS.
• Dr. Richard Wayne is an Anesthesiologist with Comprehensive Pain Management and the West Palm Hospital. He is a comedian and a two-time PTS performer.
• Dr. Richard Weiner is an Orthopedic Surgeon affiliated with Orthopedic Care Specialists, St. Mary's Medical Center and the Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. Dr. Weiner is a pop pianist.
• Dr. Maureen Whelihan is in Obstetrics/Gynecology and is affiliated with Elite GYN Care of the Palm Beaches and Wellington Regional Medical Center. Dr. Whelihan participated in the two earlier PTS and will serve as emcee in August.
• Dr. Jack Zeltzer of Lake Worth is a Vascular Surgeon associated with Palm Beach Surgical Associates, Palms West Hospital, Wellington Regional Medical Center and JFK Medical Center. Another three-time PTS performer, Dr. Zeltzer is a drummer.
Also performing will be: Dr. Robin Arrigo, a concert pianist who earned a Doctorate of Musical Arts degree from the University of Miami; Raquel Williams, a vocalist; Dr. Linda Johnson, pianist; Gareth Johnson, violinist; Wayne Perry, trombonist and vocalist; Micailah Lockhart, vocalist from Faith's Place; Lylybell Zhou, Kretzer Kid pianist and the drummers from Faith's Place.
Tickets are $75 each (tax deductible) and can be purchased by calling Complete Ticket Solutions at 866.449.2489. Profit raised from the PHYSICIANS TALENT SHOWCASE will benefit three valuable local nonprofit organizations:
Adopt-a-Family of the Palm Beaches is dedicated to restoring formerly homeless families in crisis to stability and self-sufficiency by providing access to all-encompassing services to families and their children. (www.adoptafamilypbc.org)
Faith's Place Center for Education in Pleasant City prepares young minds for the future by providing educational services in the form of preschool, tutorials, extended care and college prep programs. (www.faithsplacecenter.org)
Kretzer Piano Music Foundation provides performance opportunities for young musicians by sponsoring music events and aid/scholarships for music instruction to children from low-income families. (www.kretzerpiano.com/KPMF)
MUSIC FOR THE MIND
The PHYSICIANS TALENT SHOWCASE is part of Kretzer Piano's ongoing ‘Music for the Mind' concert series benefitting children's charities and music education," said founder Kathi Kretzer.
"This exciting concert will feature ballroom dancers, vocalists, instrumentalists, a doctor band and even a comedian.
This music-packed event is truly the perfect prescription for a great evening."
"Best of all, the first two Showcases raised more than $90,000 for underprivileged children in Palm Beach County," she added. "Of course, we're still looking for sponsors for this fundraising concert.
Anyone interested may call 561.748.0036 for more information.